Best is a very subjective term. Winchester, Marlin and Henry all make very good rifles.
best of crateeee
Best left to a trained gunsmith
I think you are looking for the term lever action. Best is a judgment call. Winchester and Marlin have been making very good lever action rifles for over 100 yrs. Savage and Mossberg have both made very good guns, as has Henry. You pays your money, you takes your pick.
"Best" is a matter of opnion. Severak companies make very good rifles. The most popular in the US is the Winchester 94, followed by the Marlin 336. Several other companies have also made very good rifles.
Best left to a gunsmith
Winchester M70 .30-06
Best left to a gunsmith.
90% chance for an uncommon item -(For Example, a Winchester Lever Action Rifle 31 Att / 9 Def) 10% chance for a rare item -(For Example, a Ninjacycle 36Att / 14Def)
Clearly the SMG would be the cheapest and easiest to build. The STEN sub machine gun is the best example of this. The only machined part was the bolt, everything else was made from cheap stampings or tube steel. The cost of a STEN was just a few dollars to manufacture.
Most .22 BOLT action, pump and LEVER action rifles that are fed from a tube magazine will handle shorts, longs, and long rifles. Remington produced several auto loaders that wil handle mixed ammo- the Remington 550 may be the best known.