Best Answer

When it comes to diagnosing and treating ear problems, doctors basically have three levels of "ear expertise." They are from least to most-primary care physicians (PCP), ear, nose & throat doctors (ENTs) and otologists/neurotologists. Each has their own niche.

User Avatar

Wiki User

14y ago
This answer is:
User Avatar
More answers
User Avatar

Wiki User

14y ago

ENT Doctor

This answer is:
User Avatar

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Who is someone who diagnoses and treats damaged hearing?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

What does an audiologist help with?

An Audiologist is a medical doctor who treats conditions and diagnoses diseases of the ear. Audiologists help patients suffering from hearing loss by prescribing medication or a hearing device.

Who diagnoses and treats people who have sleep disorders?


Who treats and diagnose who have sleep disorders?

A neurologist or sleep doctor usually diagnoses and treats a person with a sleep disorder.

What does a medical officer do?

A medical officer assess, diagnoses and treats illnesses and diseases.

Is an oncologist a scientist?

No, an oncologist is a type of medical doctor. He diagnoses and treats cancers.

Who diagnoses and treats diseases of the heart and blood vessel?

a cardiologist or cardiovascular surgeon

What type of psychologist evaluates diagnoses and treats people with everyday problems?


What doctor diagnoses and treats diseases and disorders of the stomach and intestines?

GastroenterologistA gastroenterologist.

What is a laryngologist?

A medical specialist who diagnoses and treats diseases of the nose, ears and throat.

What word means a professional who evaluates hearing and treats hearing loss?


Does an endocrinologist diagnoses and treats physical reactions to substances such as dust and pollen?

No , endocrinologist deals with hormonal diseases .

What is a physician who diagnoses and treats both normal and abnormal childbirths and pregnancies called?

Obstetrician.( who is usually Gynecologist also.)