Best Answer

Milton Sterilizing Solution contains 2% sodium hypocholorite (NaOCl), otherwise known as bleach. It should never be mixed with other chemical solutions, especially those containing ammonia, as the result can be deadly chlorine gas.

The Milton Pharmaceutical Company has a safety data sheet for this product, which states:

"Skin contact: Upon prolonged contact with skin, the product may cause slight skin irritation. Wash affected area thoroughly with water.

Eye contact: If the product gets into the eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water for at least 5 minutes.

Ingestion: If accidental ingestion should occur, drink plenty of water or milk. Do not induce vomiting. If any symptoms persist, seek medical advice.

Inhalation: If irritation should occur, rinse mouth and throat with water and move to fresh air."

User Avatar

Wiki User

13y ago
This answer is:
User Avatar

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: What would happen if you drank diluted Milton sterilising fluid?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass