Desaturation is a decrease in oxygen saturation, which is a measure of how much oxygen is being carried in the blood.
It is a device for measuring the oxygen saturation of arterial blood.
I'm assuming you're referring to saturation of oxygen in the blood. If the temperature is increased, oxyhemoglobin curve is shifted to the right, meaning hemoglobin realeses oxygen more readily, thus increasing blood oxygen saturation.
if the oxygen saturation is 50% it means the total hemoglobin content of blood is half saturated with oxygen. in this condition the oxygen delivery to the tissues is the maximum.
Oxygen saturation or dissolved oxygen (DO) is a relative measure of the amount of oxygen that is dissolved or carried in a given medium. It can be measured with a dissolved oxygen probe such as an oxygen sensor or an optode in liquid media, usually water. Blood oxygen saturation level refers to the percentage of a person's red blood cells that are loaded or filled with oxygen. Oxygen is carried by the red blood cells to organs, such as the brain and the heart. If the blood oxygen level is too low, not enough oxygen is carried to the organs. Without an adequate blood oxygen level, the body cannot function normally.
The saturation should be above 90% in normal arterial blood. A totally healthy person will have 95-100% saturation.
Oxygen saturation is the extent to which the blood is carrying as much oxygen as it is capable of doing. It is measured as a percentage. Oxygen saturation is the percentage of oxygen in the blood stream. Doctors become concerned when that percentage drops below 90%. It simple terms, at 82%, your brain other other organs are not receving enough oxygen to properly function. Anyone's oxygen saturation level varies from one moment in time to another. If you had a full copy of your sleep study report you might see reference to peak saturation (the highest saturation seen during the study), average saturation, saturation nadir (the lowest saturation recorded during the study), among other terms.
Please restrict your queries to one question.
When your oxygen saturation levels drop, your blood is not carrying enough oxygen to provide your body the levels it needs. If they drop low enough, your body will shut down and you can die. If you are hooked to a ventilator, this will help the body increase the oxygen saturation levels in your blood, potentially saving your life.
Sp02 stands for Saturation of Peripheral Oxygen. This is an indirect way to measure the level of oxygen i n the blood. The level of oxygen can be measured using a pulse oximeter.
The maximum amount of oxygen that can be carried in arterial blood is approximately 20.2 mmol/L. This is equivalent to about 98.5% of the oxygen that is dissolved in the plasma. The remaining 1.5% is bound to hemoglobin and is termed oxyhemoglobin. The amount of oxygen that can be carried by the blood is dependent on the concentration of hemoglobin in the blood as well as the oxygen saturation of hemoglobin. The oxygen saturation of hemoglobin is determined by the partial pressure of oxygen in the environment which is why the amount of oxygen that can be carried varies in different environments. The following factors affect the amount of oxygen that can be carried in arterial blood: Hemoglobin concentration Oxygen saturation of hemoglobin Partial pressure of oxygen in the environmentHemoglobin is a protein in red blood cells that binds to oxygen and carries it throughout the body. The concentration of hemoglobin in the blood is an important factor in determining how much oxygen can be carried. The oxygen saturation of hemoglobin is determined by the partial pressure of oxygen in the environment. This means that the amount of oxygen that can be carried in the blood varies in different environments. For example in a high-altitude environment where the partial pressure of oxygen is lower the oxygen saturation of hemoglobin is also lower resulting in less oxygen being carried in the blood.