Best Answer

If they want to leave the relationship and they are being severely beaten, then the police can help. However some people are not ready to leave the relationship.

User Avatar

Wiki User

9y ago
This answer is:
User Avatar

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: How can you help someone in a domestic violence relationship?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

What is intervention concerning domestic violence?

You have to be careful when intervening in a domestic violence relationship. You cant help someone who doesn't want to be helped and you may even make it worse. You must take all precautions not to anger the perpetrator and make him or her suspicious that you may be trying to intervene. Give the victim the national domestic violence hot-line number: 1-800-650-6522. This will direct them to someone in their area that can help.

What are some ways to help to solve domestic violence?

There's really only three ways: 1. Get counseling 2. Get out of the relationship 3. Die

If a husband is accused of domestic violence abuse can a friend help him if he is in jail?

If a woman's husband is in jail for domestic violence, he can ask a friend to help him bond out. It will be up to the friend if he helps or not.

Can you lose your section 8 if you have a child endangerment crime on your record due to you being a victim of domestic violence?

In the contrary being a victim of domestic violence will help you out even more. Go to any victims of domestic violence groups and ask for help with therapy and to help you with housing and other resources. The help is there you just need to look for it.

How can one be admitted to the Violence Policy Center?

To be admitted into the Violence Policy Center, one must have been a victim of of a domestic crime, such as domestic violence. The Violence Policy Center gives victims of domestic violence access to special programs such as counseling services to help deal with the crime.

Start of domestic violence what should i do?

If you are becoming or have become a victim of domestic abuse, you should tell someone. You need to ask for help from someone else and then talk to the person abusing you. You may need to get therapy or anger management for that person.

My husband is completely overbearing. Can anyone give me an idea of where to find a good domestic violence attorney? has a lot of good advice on where to find a domestic violence attorney in your area. FreeAdvice would be a good place to look. They have a list of not only domestic violence attorneys, but also domestic violence centers where you can find help.

How do you stop domestic violence?

The only way to stop domestic violence is to GET OUT of the relationship with an abusive person ASAP! With help, you can do it, no matter how long you've been stuck in the relationship. And, never let an abuser blame you for his/her violent outbursts or verbal abuse. The abusers are the ones with the problem, not the victims, and there's nothing, and I repeat, nothing that you (an intimate partner) can do to reform the abuser. You can do it, no matter what obstacles and hardships you face.For advice and help leaving an abusive relationship, contact The National Coalition Against Domestic Violence. and Confidential Help Line 24/7: 1.800.799.SAFE (7233)1.800.787.3224 (TTY)

What help is available for domestic violence?

Call the U.S. National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224.

What are the names of three agencies in Australia that help people who have suffered domestic violence?


Mention any one provision of the protection of women from domestic violence?

The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) was the first major law to help government agencies and victim advocates work together to fight domestic violence, sexual assault, and other types of violence against women. The Family Violence Prevention and Services Act (FVPSA) provides the main federal funding to help victims of domestic violence and their dependents (such as children). Programs funded through FVPSA provide shelter and related help

How serious is domestic violence?

Domestic violence can lead to many serious casualties, which may even lead to the death of the victim. The victim may be very disturbed both mentally and physically. A victim who is very disturbed must with the help of someone who they trust must visit the nearest police station. Or meet a lawyer who is well versed in such a matter. You can meet Siddhartha Shah & Associates or call them on 093222 86663.