It could be many things...
If the check engine light is on/comes on, having it scanned is the easiest way to find out, and if no codes you can view fuel/trim, etc. but....
It is usually a problem with the Air/fuel ratio
If no codes are present,
and you have done one recently, I would start with a tune-up
- bad ignition plugs/wires etc can cause this
- Check the fuel pressure, Fuel pump wiring/relay can get corrode(specially here in the northeast).
- When was the fuel filter last changed, a clogged fuel filter can starve the engine of fuel under WOT.
-A faulty EGR valve (stuck open)can cause hesitation/stumbling
- It could be a MAF( mass air sensor) or TPS(throttle position sensor)
- I've had a clogged catalytic converter cause this issue
Dirty fuel filter. Damaged catalytic converter.
will the transmission causes my 1999 ford expedition to bog down & sputter when accelerating the 4.6liter engine.
A damaged catalytic converter could cause that.
Dirty air filter is the first thing I'd check.
Dirty fuel filter, dirty air filter, bad catalytic converter, restricted exhaust, insufficient fuel pressure.
The Magic School Bus - 1994 Butterfly and the Bog Beast 2-5 was released on: USA: 7 October 1995
Fuel delivery problems such as a dirty fuel filter, faulty fuel pump, faulty fuel pressure regulator. Restricted exhaust such as a faulty catalytic converter, crushed/bent exhaust pipe.
Bog is a spirtiual being, believed by most people.
I would change the fuel filter.
change your fuel filter.
what would cause my car to run fine when it has first started up then after a while first gear will kinda bog down.
A bog or a an area of deep wet mud
The bog will become less productive.