Best Answer

Well, back seats or rear seats is about it. In sports cars, that are classed as 2 + 2, meaning the rear seats are only small or fit for children, they are sometimes called occasional seats. Some old cars, used to have a seat which appeared when the boot lid was opened. These were accessed by striding over the rear seats, or standing on the back wheel. In England, this type was called a "Dickie" seat, and in America a "Rumble" seat.

The removeable part that you sit on, is sometimes referred to as a 'Squab'.

User Avatar

Wiki User

2012-02-03 13:36:29
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides


21 cards

Im with someone in the army and we want to get married asap but would he get into trouble he is 21 and im 16

What does teachorous mean

What is the first aid treatment for arterial bleeding

What is the difference between an intentional and unintentional injury

See all cards
110 Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Is there a separate name for back seat in a car?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
People also asked