Best Answer

Not necessarily. 4-cycle engines typically use something around SAE 30 motor oil which can sometimes be used in a car, but is much thicker than the multiviscosity oils used in cars. A car (dependant on manufacturer specs) would use something around 5W30 or 10W30 for older vehicles. Check your owner's manual to be sure what you need.

User Avatar

Wiki User

2013-01-26 10:30:27
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides


21 cards

Im with someone in the army and we want to get married asap but would he get into trouble he is 21 and im 16

What does teachorous mean

What is the first aid treatment for arterial bleeding

What is the difference between an intentional and unintentional injury

See all cards
111 Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Is 4 cycle oil the same type of oil that a car uses?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
People also asked