Want this question answered?
pinworms are parasites
Pinworms belong to the Nematode group of worms.
Pinworms invade the intestinal tract of the species which they inhabit. Pinworms are serious and can cause organ damage.
It is possible for you to not notice your pinworms until they get very bad. Usually when you find your pinworms, the disease is coming to an end. The pinworms usually last for under 3 weeks WITH TREATMENT. I would recommend treating your pinworms, if not they last much longer.
The myth of dogs catching pinworms hence is incorrect. Generally dogs get infected with tapeworms which are mistaken for pinworms.
Pinworms are caused by ingesting the eggs of pinworms.
The symptoms of pinworms include an itchy or scratchy rectal area. Generally, this can be worse at night when the worms deposit their eggs. Pinworms can be quite a common thing.
no, it cant
Yes, pinworms can affect any age. The pinworms make the skin itch and break open. A doctor needs to see the area and prescribe medication to get rid of the worms.
Anyone can get pinworms, but they are most common in children. Pinworms are parasites that live in the digestive tract of humans. The spread of pinworms can be prevented by diligent hand washing, especially after using the bathroom and before eating.
Pinworms eat nutrients in the anus and rectum
I think only if the cat already has pinworms. But I would ask my vet just to be sure,