Unfortunately, by the early 1960s the production costs of the traditional Model 94 with all of its forged steel parts had risen dramatically. Winchester executives realized that soon the Model 94 would have to be priced beyond the reach of the average hunter. This is exactly the fate that befell the classic Mannlicher-Schoenauer carbine, and eventually spelled its doom. To save the Model 94 and restore a reasonable profit margin, Winchester redesigned the action for cheaper manufacture, substituting stamped sheet metal and roll pins for parts previously machined from forged steel. The steel buttplate became plastic and a less durable metal finish was substituted for the traditional bluing. The new guns still worked and shot just fine despite their aesthetic flaws, but the credibility of the Model 94 took a serious hit, and examples manufactured prior to the 1964 changes became instant classics. Most of the shortcomings of the post 1963 Model 94s were eventually corrected, but the pre '64 versions remain the most desirable of all Winchester Model 94s. Which brings us to the subject of this classic gun test, a Model 94 carbine manufactured in 1961. This example is in excellent condition. It shows practically no wear, inside or out. The barreled action is finished in a polished blue, and the black walnut stock wears its original gloss lacquer finish. Your gun was made in 1960. Assuming a plain sporting rifle in NRA Very Good condition (95% original finish and all original parts), the price guides suggest a value of $1675. A realistic price given that it is in good condition is around $450-$600. I've had many come thru the shop, they are not scarce. I believe you are wrong on the year of this Winchester, closer to 1950 It was made in 1950, not 1960 and $400 to $500 would be more in the ballpark during this DEPRESSION. Answer 1950 is the correct DOM. You can verify this by removing the forend stock and locating the 2-digit date stamp on the bottom of the barrel near where it entered the receiver frame. Bert H. 1950 is the correct year. If 100 % original finish, a price of about $600. would be in order at the retail level and a dealer might offer you $300. They have overhead to pay for so cannot pay retail.
Your model 94 was made in 1972. As to the value, $200.-275.
Original parts and finish is a vague description. Is it in 100% condition and finish
Winchester Model 94 serial number 1604406 was manufactured in the year 1949. The value can only be determined by a visual inspection & evaluation. Bert H.
The value,s for the Winchester model 190 are running between 75 dollars for a gun with 60% original finish remaining up to 150 dollars for a gun with 95% original finish remaining and a good bore.
The value of your 1955 vintage Model 94 can only be determined by a visual inspection & evaluation. Bert H.
Your winchester model 24 side by side shotgun which was made by winchester in 1949 is currently valued at between 225 dollars for a gun with 60% original finish remaining up to 625 dollars for a nice example with 90%of its original finish remaining.
A Winchester model 71 can range in value between 650 dollars for a gun with 10% of its original finish remaining,up to 1,500 dollars for a gun with 80% of its original finish remaining.
Your winchester model 24 shotgun is currently valued at 225 dollars for a gun with 60%original finish,up to 625 dollars for a nice example with 95% original finish remaining and a good bore.
You have a third model Winchester model of 1876.This rifle will range in price from 1,500 dollars for a rifle with 10%of its original finish to as high as 7,500 dollars for a rifle exhibiting 60% of its original finish.
Your winchester pump .22cal rifle is worth between 250-1,250 dollars,with the 250 dollars for a gun with 10% original finish remaining.The gun with 90%original finish remaining would fetch 1,250 dollars.
these Winchester rifles are valued at 350 dollars for a rifle with just 10% original finish,all the way up to 1,725 dollars for a fine example with 90% original finish on the wood and metal,with a good shiny bore.
Your Winchester model 55 takedown model(only in 30WCF) is valued at between 325 dollars for a gun with 10% or its original finish remaining,up to 1,300 dollars for a fine example with 80% of its original finish remaining.