If you have primary physical custody and want to move to a different county but your custody agreement says you cannot move out of Los Angeles County what can you do to get permission to move?

already exists.

Would you like to merge this question into it?

already exists as an alternate of this question.

Would you like to make it the primary and merge this question into it?

exists and is an alternate of .

In most cases custody agreements are never final, but can be modified as circumstances change. However, if a custody order stipulates that the parent with primary physical custody cannot move from the county, it is necessary to petition the court for permission to move before moving. To build a case for the move before going to court, the custodial parent would most likely need to show that there is a good reason for the move (e.g. a better job or better living situation). That the move will not interfere with the access of the non-custodial parent (e.g. moving from Los Angeles County to Ventura County might not be a problem for the non-custodial parent. If the non-custodial parent is supportive of the move, that should make getting court approval much easier. If the two parents have good communication, the parent with primary physical custody might benefit from laying the groundwork by talking to the non-custodial parent before petitioning the court. That way questions like what school the child or children will attend in the new location, when and how the non-custodial parent will visit or pick up the child, etc. can be worked out in advance. In all custody cases the judge's responsibility is to protect the best interests of the child. Parents wishing to convince a judge should remember to frame their case in terms the overall benefits for the child or children involved.
17 people found this useful

Do you have a right to move the child overseas if you have joint custody with father and you have primary physical custody?

No. A minor cannot be removed from the jurisdiction in which the custody was awarded, without the permission of the other parent and the Family Court. In FL our lawyer told u

If you have primary physical custody and joint legal custody do you have move rights then the parent that does not have physical custody when it comes to the best interest of the child?

Answer . yes and no. joint legal basically means the other parent can get any and all legal info on the child such as medical records, school records and of course anythin

Can I move out of the State of California without the court's permission when I have full legal custody and physical custody of the child the majority of the time?

Yes. Although it is advisable that the parent wishing to relocate obtains written, notarized acceptance from the other parent. Regardless of whether or not permission is given
In Custody

Can you move even if no custody agreement has been signed?

I am assuming you want to know whether you can move and take a child without there being a custody agreement in place. This depends upon whether there is a court already takin
In Custody

If the mother of my child wants to move to another state what law says my child has to go with her since there is a shared custody agreement in place?

You should consult with your attorney as soon as possible. If you have a court ordered shared custody agreement which states that the child will spend certain time with you, y
In Custody

How far can you move when you have temporary primary custody?

There is no single answer to your question. It depends on your divorce decree, whether the other parent will have visitation rights, the court practices in your area, how much