If the mother of a child has sole custody and the father has visitation rights can she give the child away to someone else besides the father without the fathers consent?

already exists.

Would you like to merge this question into it?

already exists as an alternate of this question.

Would you like to make it the primary and merge this question into it?

exists and is an alternate of .

No she can't. If her ex is a good man and a good father when he has visitation rights then she has no right to tear the child away from him. He can fight it in a court of law. Before one acts out of haste they should consider the child and what their feelings are. They may not understand the total issue, but they do know who their mother and father are and that's all they need to know. The two of you should put the child first and each other second.
These are only reasons why the father should no longer have further contact with his child:
  • Sexual abuse
  • Not turning up when he is suppose to take the child or visit the child leaving the child feeling alone and depressed
  • The father hangs around with a bad gang or bad friends
  • If the father does drugs and can't be clean enough when he comes to visit his child.
  • If the father is an alcoholic and can't come to visit the child when sober
 I agree with the above but want to add that if you for some reason do not want your child then you should not have sole custody. Just because you do not want her does not mean you should be so ignorantly spiteful and selfish as to keep her from the father - give her to the father then you won't have the issue of having her anymore. You should not punish or blame the child for any issues you have with the father - that has nothing to do with her. You don't deserve to have a child with attitude such as this.
6 people found this useful

Does the birth mother have sole custody of the child if she and the father were not married?

In all 50 US states the law presumes that an unmarried birth mother retains sole custodial rights to a child until the court rules otherwise. This applies to minors as well as

The father has sole custody but wants to give custody back to the mother of a very unruly child who wants to live with his mother anyway How can he do this without her come after him for child support?

The only way would be to do a personal agreement between the mother & father, ideally having it filed with the court. However, at any time, either parent can utilize Child Sup
In Custody

Can a grandmother who has legal custody of a child give custody to the mother without notifying the father?

No. The grandmother cannot legally transfer custody to the mother only the court can do that. The father can file a motion in court to have a hearing on the matter. No. The g
In Custody

If the mother nelgects the child and the father was not found unfit to take care of the child can the state give custody of the child to the grandmother without the consent from the father?

The court may award custody to whomever they feel would act in the best interests of the child and that does not have to be a biological parent. If you do not agree with that
In Custody

Can a sister give a sister temporary custody of child without fathers consent?

That depends on the legal custody agreement in place. If no custody agreement has been hammered out in court, you should contact the family court in your county of residence,