What would you like to do?

If One parent has full custody but child wants to live with noncustodial parent?

already exists.

Would you like to merge this question into it?

already exists as an alternate of this question.

Would you like to make it the primary and merge this question into it?

exists and is an alternate of .

They recently changed the laws of custody, No one parent has full custody UNLESS they see the other parent as unstable and unfit.

If the parent you want to live with has been deemed unfit as a parent then it will have to be taken to court or you can contact certain child organizations to give you more details about how to leave your current home and return to the home of an "unfit parent"

However if one parent obtained full custody of the child and the other parent was not deemed unfit as a parent, you may still live with them because of the recent change in custody laws, stating no one parent can have full or primary custody.

(in other words, if your mom has full custody and your dad has none ((Also assuming the father hasn't been charged with being a drug addict, alcoholic, or financially unstable etc.)) you may live with the father)
3 people found this useful
Thanks for the feedback!

In Colorado what can a custodial parent do when a teenage child wants to live with non custodial parent?

Answer . First, check out the logic of the child's "want." Does it make sense to you and your ex for this to happen? Could the other parent be more appropriate for day-to-da

Can the noncustodial parent keap the child not return to custodial parent?

No they can not. The key here is the "custodial parent" . You may be able to go to court. But if you keep the child and you are not the custodial parent and there is a court o

If a 17 year old goes to live with noncustodial parent will custodial parent have to pay child support if non custodial parent owes back child support?

Yes. The non-custodial parent will then be owed the support while child is in there care. But it doesnt relenquish them from their prior debt.. If the monies is owed direct t

If one parent has full custody of a child and that parent dies will the living parent get the child?

Yes, unless the living parent has a court order not allowing them to be with the child in that case the child would go to the next relative that is willing to take the child.