Can dogs eat sugar?
- Many dogs love sugar, but shouldn't have it. It's extremely bad for their teeth and you sure don't want a huge vet bill for dental work on your dog.
- Yes, many breeds of dogs actually have a sweet tooth just like humans and once you give them anything sweet some may sneak it or at least expect more. Of course chocolate is deadly for dogs. If your dog sneaks chocolate take them to the vets immediately and the vet will give a charcoal formula to absorb the chocolate; make them sick and also have bowel movements.
19 people found this useful
Small amounts is okay. Please don't let your dog eat too much. Youshould take time to research what things dogs can and can not eat.
It will make them over weight and it also can kill them They will vomit alot and feel horrible and get the shakes, but it is good if they do vomit
yes sometimes but not always heres a tip full bread dogscant hanndle sweets good if u have a mutt they eat sweets better and they dont chew their food
it all depends on what dog and how much.................... but usually not. A small dog with a lot of sugar might have diaherra but with a little he might be a little jumpy a…nd that goes the same for a large dog. be carful not to add TOO much to their tummies(lol) beause they may vomit./...............................EWWWWWW
Run it around the block a few times to work off the extra weight. Sugar won't hurt it, although it shouldn't have it as a general thing.
No, you can eat whatever you want and it won't hurt your dog
Why on Earth would you give any living thing, let alone a dog,sugar when it has a sore throat? Sugar is an irritant, it will make the throat worse in humans andanimals alike. …Sugar also provides food and energy to bacteria,which may be causing the throat issues (and will therefore begetting worse because you are feeding the bacteria). Aside from that, a dog should never, ever, under any circumstancesat all, eat sugary food. Sugar is not natural to carnivores likedogs. The reason humans eat sugar is because we are omnivores. Dogsalso don't brush their teeth (though they SHOULD be getting dogdental chews on occasion), so sugar will rot their teeth. Your answer is no. Not to a dog, not to a human and not to anyliving thing. Sugar worsens the condition. Take the dog to a vet,it may need antibiotics (especially if you've just been feeding thebacteria).
because they might get hyper or they could get diabetes and that wouldn't be good for a dog!!
Yes but not chocolate. Do not give them to much chocolate though
sugar is poisonous to dogs, so it'll die
Dogs are definitely capable of eating a sugar glider. Although there have been rare cases of the two getting along, and being friends. If your dog seems interested in your sug…ar glider at all, chances are he is thinking of the glider as prey. It's always best to keep your gliders safe from all predatory animals, even if it does include man's best friend, fido.
Well, i know this probably does not answer your question, but you should not give you dog human food anyway. Yes that does include gum. Another reason you should not is becaus…e gum cannot be digested if swallowed.
Brush the dog's teeth and take them for a walk. Dogs have no use for sugar, but it is still bad for their teeth andwill still cause hyperactivity. Try to avoid giving your dog… sugaryproducts.
no because it could disrupt their digestive system so they'll die. but if your talking about sugar in their dog food then that's okay.
Not life threatening, however, my shelty ate 4 big sugar cookies out of a box that fell on the floor, and the next morning she is vomiting and refusing to eat.
It is fine for dogs to eat a little sugar once in awhile. In fact, dogs get energy from naturally occurring sugar from things like yogurt or fruit. So, an occasional sugar coo…kie is fine. The problems happen when the dog eats too many sugar cookies, or too much of any kind of sugary sweets. The dog may develop dental caries, hyperactivity followed by lethargy, obesity, and diabetes. Also, if a dog eats too many cookies at one time, it may cause them to vomit and have diarrhea.